Your lawn is the first thing that people see when they pass by your home or business, and you want this outdoor feature to look its best. Unfortunately, a lot of home and business owners don’t know how to water their lawns effectively without wasting a significant amount of water in the process. The good news is that there are several things you can do to ensure that your lawn stays in the best condition possible without any water waste:
- Plant strategically: When you’re planting your lawn and designing your landscaping, you should consider how to place plants to maximize water and minimize waste. There are lots of plants and shrubs that use water effectively and don’t require watering as frequently. You can consult with sprinkler contractors in Burlington County, NJ to plan your home or business landscaping more strategically to save water.
- Be consistent: No matter how frequently you need to water your plants and grass to keep them healthy, you should make sure you’re watering consistently. Try to water at the same time every day, and use the same amount of water on your plants each time. Consistency will help you keep your plants healthy for as long as possible.
- Maintain your irrigation system: If you don’t already have an irrigation system in place, it’s worth it to seriously consider investing in one. An irrigation system can significantly improve the efficiency of your water use, minimize water waste and ensure that all of your plants stay as healthy as possible. If you currently have an irrigation system, you should maintain it regularly to ensure that it continues working as effectively as it’s supposed to.
- Handle repairs proactively: If your irrigation system has been damaged in any way, you should invest in repairs as soon as you can. The sooner you handle repairs, the less likely you are to experience further complications. Once your system has been repaired, it will operate a lot more efficiently and effectively, and that will allow you to keep your lawn looking green without watering by hand or wasting a significant amount of water.
- Adjust your settings to maximize efficiency: You should adjust the settings on your irrigation system if you’re experiencing issues with water puddling, flooding or overwatering. Adjusting these settings allows you to get the most out of your irrigation system and prevent the water waste that can occur when the settings are out of whack. You should get to know all of your system’s settings so you can optimize its efficiency and performance.
Schedule a sprinkler system install in Burlington County, NJ
For more advice about sprinkler system use and to get professional help with a sprinkler system install in Burlington County, NJ, reach out to the team at Star Sprinkler Systems Inc. Since 1980, we have been dedicated to delivering the highest quality sprinkler system services possible to commercial and residential customers alike. Regardless of what your specific needs may be, our team is here to provide you with the professional services that you need. Give us a call today to find out more about everything we can do for you!