Though the intent with a sprinkler system is to be able to “set it and forget it,” you can’t neglect your sprinklers and expect them to work the way they’re supposed to. Besides calling a sprinkler system service in Burlington County, NJ to check your system each year, there are a few things you can do yourself to keep an eye on your system. Continue reading to learn what to look for during your inspection:
- Look at the meter: Your water meter can tell you a lot when it comes to whether or not there’s a leak somewhere in the system. Start by turning off all water sources that feed the meter and record the meter reading. Come back 30 minutes later and see if the numbers have changed at all. If so, there’s a leak that needs to be addressed as soon as possible.
- Check sprinkler heads: How does the water come out of each sprinkler head? Is it uniform throughout the system, or are some parts of your lawn getting more water than others? Additionally, is all of the water making it onto the grass, or is it getting onto the street and driveway? Adjusting the heads a little bit to ensure they’re spraying evenly and only on the grass can save you tons of water each month.
- Review lawn health: Finally, how is your grass looking overall? Are some parts brown from not enough water? Are there puddles in your lawn because there’s too much water? Either scenario is a problem. Adjust your sprinkler heads or call a sprinkler system service in Burlington County, NJ to see what can be done to address the issue.
Reasons to call a pro for inspection
Following the tips mentioned above can do wonders to prevent issues with your sprinkler system. However, your system also needs a regular inspection from a professional. Here are the key reasons to set up annual service:
- Prevent leaks: Leaking water lines are a problem for your lawn and your wallet. Leaks are a huge waste of money and can prevent water from getting to the places on your lawn that need it the most. Though you can inspect your water meter, only a professional knows for sure if there’s a leak and how to find it.
- Avoid repairs: The last thing you want is to have to hire a pro to perform a major repair to your sprinkler system. Luckily, these situations are generally avoidable. An annual checkup can prevent your system from breaking and needing repair. Though a maintenance call isn’t free, it’s significantly cheaper than paying for repairs.
- Prolong system lifespan: The only thing more expensive than fixing your sprinkler system is installing a new one! Ensure that your system lasts for as long as possible by having a professional inspect it each year.
Don’t choose anyone but Star Sprinkler Systems Inc. the next time you need a sprinkler system install in Burlington County, NJ! Regardless of the service you need, we’re the team for the job. Call us today for a free installation estimate or to learn more about all of our services.