While you might not think about it much, the reality is that it matters when you turn your sprinkler system on. That’s because there are some times of the day when the system will be more efficient at irrigating your lawn than others. This will avoid water waste and ensure that the lawn and plants only receive the moisture they need to thrive.
Maintaining a healthy lawn requires regular sprinkler system service in Burlington County, NJ. The right team can help your landscape appear green, lush and beautiful throughout the blazing summer months. Read on to get some tips on when to put your irrigation system to use:
- Sprinkler system setup: The first thing to consider is that, depending on where you are, there are requirements regarding what time of year the system should be activated. For example, in Colorado, the date is May 15. This is because sprinkler systems shouldn’t be activated until all possibility of freezing pipes is past. Check with your local government to see when the activation period is for your area.
- Staying consistent: Providing a consistent flow of water to vegetation is key. Growing grass well means delivering the right amount of water—not too much, and not too little—at the proper intervals. When you over-water, the grass will have weak roots and become susceptible to disease. Having regular periods of moist and dry soil allows for the best grass growth. This applies across the board, from golf courses to front lawns.
- Morning glory: Experts agree that the best time to water your yard is typically in the early morning. If you can schedule the sprinkler system, do it so the cycle ends before 8 a.m. Those cool morning hours allow the lawn a good while to soak up the water before the sun starts beating down. When mornings aren’t possible, nighttime hours—between 8 p.m. and midnight—are your next best bet.
- Timers: These devices are perfect for turning sprinklers on and off when necessary to prevent over-soaking or under-utilization. You may need change the schedule for watering on the fly as changing weather conditions require more or less water delivery.
- Smart controls: Today’s irrigation systems have more customizable features than ever before. Find out exactly how best to respond to conditions by having smart controls installed on your sprinkler system. You’ll guarantee that every time the system is used, it’s being used efficiently.
No matter what kind of property you own, you’ll want a proper sprinkler system install in Burlington County, NJ. In that case, trust the leader in the region for more than three decades: Star Sprinkler Systems Inc. We work with residential, commercial and municipal customers throughout the area to keep their lawns and gardens looking gorgeous.
Customers trust us because we deliver exceptional customer service, quality workmanship and excellent products every time. We’re a family-owned local business backed by certification from the New England Waterworks Association. Give us a call today to set up a time for a free consultation!