It’s safe to say that every homeowner wants a nice-looking lawn. Not only does it improve the appearance of your home, but it can also help increase your property value. The problem is that a lot of folks don’t really know how to achieve beautiful, green grass. Luckily, we’re here to help! This post will teach you how to obtain a great-looking lawn, and cover a few of the reasons why you should install an automatic sprinkler system in Burlington County, NJ:
- Water properly: It’s no secret that grass needs water to grow, which is why many homeowners are diligent about watering their lawns. However, more often than not, homeowners tend to give their lawns the incorrect amount of water, and water at the wrong time of day. It’s best to water early in the morning, which gives the water plenty of time to soak into the ground before it evaporates. As a general rule of thumb, it’s best to give your lawn a few good soakings per week, instead of watering lightly every day.
- Call a pro: Even with the advice above, some homeowners still get a little confused about watering the lawn. If this sounds like you, you might want to consider installing an automatic sprinkler system in Burlington County, NJ. A sprinkler system will ensure that your lawn gets the right amount of water at the right time of day. Installing a sprinkler system also frees up your time, so you don’t have to worry about watering—just set it and forget it!
- Know when and how to mow: Arguably, the second most important lawn care step after watering is mowing the lawn. Your lawn doesn’t need to be mowed every week, though. It’s best to keep your grass on the longer side—about three and a half to four inches—as this length helps protect the roots from damage. Additionally, keep that blade sharp! A dull blade tends to tear the grass, leaving it jagged, instead of cutting it in a straight, clean line.
- Use the right seed: Are you planning on planting new grass seeds? If so, make sure you spread the right seed. Some grass species grow better in certain climates than others. Be sure to consult a lawn care expert before you start laying down a type of seed that won’t thrive in your area.
- Control weeds: Is there anything more unsightly than a lawn that’s full of overgrown weeds? Not that we can think of! Be sure to eradicate weeds as soon as you spot them, as they’ll only continue to grow and steal vital nutrients from your grass. Keep in mind that some weed killers can also harm your grass, so do your research before buying a product!
Whether you need a new sprinkler system install in Burlington County, NJ or maintenance on your current system, be sure to call Star Sprinkler Systems Inc. Our wide range of services and our team of friendly professionals can help ensure you have the best-looking lawn on the block.