Perhaps you’ve been noticing all spring that your neighbor’s lawn looks much greener and healthier than yours, even though you feel you’re outside taking care of your lawn much more often than your neighbor is. Finally, you decide to ask him what his secret is for achieving a beautiful, lush lawn. To your surprise, he tells you that it’s the new sprinkler system he just installed. Can a sprinkler system really make that much of a difference? The truth is that yes, it can.
There are many benefits to installing a sprinkler system; it conserves water, saves time and keeps your lawn looking great. But for some people, the cost of a sprinkler system install in Burlington County, NJ may be a deterrent. However, it’s hard to justify any home improvement project if you don’t understand the price breakdown. So to help make your decision-making a little easier, we decided to lay out the different factors that go into determining the cost of installing a sprinkler system:
- The size of your property: The size of your property is the biggest factor when determining the cost of installing a sprinkler system. The larger the property, the more piping, sprinkler heads and labor needed to complete the install.
- The slope of your yard: Properly irrigating even a level yard can be difficult, but a yard with a slope is particularly challenging. More time and effort must be expended in order to calculate the slope and adjust the design of the sprinkler system to ensure that the entire area of your yard is properly irrigated.
- The landscaping for your property: Different types of landscaping can make installing a sprinkler system more challenging. If the sprinkler system installation must be planned around elaborate landscaping, this may affect the overall cost of the install.
- The materials being used: If you are investing in a sprinkler system, you’ll want one that will last, which means using quality materials. Some of the best brands to work with are Rain Bird, Toro and Hunter, but these brands can also be a little more expensive.
- The design of your system: Some people choose to make special design features and accessories part of their sprinkler system. Although some sprinkler system options are pretty standard, special requests like additional sprinkler heads or certain timing systems may cost a little more.
As with any home improvement project, it’s important to weigh the costs vs. benefits when making a decision about installing a sprinkler system. However, when you think of all the time you’ll save, as well as the water you’ll conserve, the choice seems pretty simple. Plus, our helpful team at Star Sprinkler Systems Inc. will ensure that you get the best possible price, regardless of the design of your system. So if you’re considering a new sprinkler system install in Burlington County, NJ, for your home or business, give us a call today. We’ll be happy to walk you through your options and provide you with an estimate.