It’s almost summer, which means you’ll be using your sprinkler more. However, running your sprinkler all day could majorly increase your water bill, especially if you have a large yard. That’s why it’s important to practice proper water conservation techniques. Some of these techniques include building irrigation systems, investing in rotary nozzles and more. Read on for plenty more ways of conserving water while using your sprinkler system in Burlington County, NJ this summer:
- Make sure your sprinklers are working correctly: Damaged sprinklers won’t work at maximum efficiency and will end up wasting water. To prevent this from happening, it’s important to perform routine maintenance on your sprinkler system. This means checking for leaks, clogs and similar issues. If there’s a problem you can’t diagnose, it’s best to contact a sprinkler technician in your area.
- Create irrigation systems: An irrigation system offers the perfect way to efficiently water your flowers and other plants without using too much water. Consider setting up a drip irrigation system along your flower beds. This system allows water to slowly drip through holes in a long pipe. Through doing this, your flowers will get the right amount of water without wasting any.
- Stay aware of the weather: If it’s rained during the week, you may not have to water your lawn. As long as your lawn received a good ¾ inches of rain that week, no additional watering should be necessary. It’s a good idea to invest in a simple rain gauge, which will accurately measure the rainfall.
- Place your sprinklers where they’re needed most: You don’t want to keep your sprinklers near trees or bushes, as these plants don’t need too much water. Instead, you should place sprinklers where their water output can cover the most grass without wasting water on other areas.
- Invest in rotary nozzles: Rotary nozzles are durable and will water your lawn at an efficient rate. Many people swear by these products, as they can help eliminate a huge percentage of your water usage. If you are considering a rotary nozzle, be sure to do plenty of research on each product. Consider asking a sprinkler installation expert in your area for their recommendation when it comes to rotary nozzles.
Having a sprinkler system installed
Efficient sprinkler systems in Burlington County, NJ offer the perfect way to keep your lawn looking beautiful without using too much water. These systems also save plenty of time and effort, as you won’t have to water your entire lawn with a garden hose each week. If you’re interested in a sprinkler system, it’s best to contact an installation expert in your area instead of doing it on your own. Making a mistake when installing your sprinkler system could end up damaging your lawn.
Conserving water while using the sprinkler system at your Burlington County, NJ home is easier than you might think! Just follow the tips above and you’re sure to have a beautiful lawn and a lower water bill.
If you’re looking for the most efficient sprinkler systems around, contact the professionals at Star Sprinkler Systems Inc. to schedule a consultation.