Homeowners with a beautiful lawn know that lawn care is a year-round chore. Every season requires different tasks, and neglecting to do them can lead to major lawn issues. Since spring will be here before we know it, this post will cover essential springtime lawn maintenance in Burlington County, NJ:
- Debris removal: Even though you raked leaves and picked up twigs last fall, we guarantee there are still plenty of sticks, leaves and other debris on the ground. Once the ground has dried up a bit, take some time to go around and pick up any debris and rake up all of the leaves. This small step will help your grass come in fuller later on.
- Fertilize moderately: Applying nitrogen fertilizer is another way to help your grass grow lush this year. However, you’ll need to do so in moderation. Tons of fertilizer can actually destroy the grass for the year. Wait until late April or May—or after you’ve mowed a few times—to apply slow-release or water-insoluble nitrogen fertilizer.
- Apply herbicides: Crabgrass looks unattractive, and it can quickly take over your lawn. The best way to prevent it from growing is to lay crabgrass herbicide each spring. Crabgrass typically starts growing in the middle of May, so plan on spreading your herbicide in late April or early May. Try to find an herbicide with fertilizer to kill two birds with one stone!
- Seed: Although fall is usually thought of as the best time for seeding a lawn, this task can also be done in the springtime. As part of your spring lawn care in Burlington County, NJ, consider spreading grass seed in any bare areas. Mid-April is usually a good time to start seeding—just be sure not to seed immediately after laying down herbicide.
Why hire a pro for seasonal lawn care?
There’s no need to go through the trouble of lawn care in Burlington County, NJ when our dedicated experts are available to tackle the job. Here are a few of the top reasons to call a pro instead of doing it yourself:
- Ensure it’s done right: Our springtime checklist isn’t very complicated, but homeowners can still make costly errors that damage their lawn. Avoid that possibility by consulting with the team at Star Sprinkler Systems Inc. We have years of experience with all sorts of lawn care duties—you can rest easy knowing that your lawn is in good hands.
- Save some money: Hiring a team to tackle your lawn maintenance might actually be less expensive than doing it yourself. Unless you already have all of the necessary fertilizer, herbicide, grass seed and tools, you could spend a small fortune at the hardware store. Instead, hire a lawn care company that charges an all-inclusive price for their services.
Call our team today!
It’s not quite time to start preparing your lawn for spring, but the sooner you call for lawn maintenance in Burlington County, NJ, the better! Scheduling your springtime lawn care before the rest of the crowd helps ensure your desired date and time of service.