There aren’t many experiences more aggravating than not getting what you paid for. The size of the job doesn’t matter—if you believe you paid for something that you didn’t get, it’s going to leave a sour taste in your mouth. Sprinkler systems are no different—we’ve talked to customers before who described the sinking feeling of turning on their sprinkler and realizing another company had set something up incorrectly.
Sprinkler system installation in Burlington County, NJ is not something to be taken lightly, and it’s not something that just anyone can do, so working with a company like Star Sprinkler Systems Inc. is the best way to avoid problems. Here are five clear signs your sprinkler isn’t set up right.
- Zones are set up the same: One sign that your installer might have moved too quickly or wasn’t paying attention is that all of your sprinkler zones are set to water for the same amount of time. Zones differ in amount of sun exposure and other factors, so they all need their own custom settings to really thrive, not a one-size-fits-all approach.
- Paved surfaces get wet: It’s inevitable that driveways and walkways will get at least some water on them, but you really need to be worried if these surfaces are getting watered far past their edges. This means your sprinklers are not aiming properly and are wasting a lot of water by sending it onto your pavement. Quality sprinkler system installation in Burlington County, NJ should not result in water being wasted like this.
- Switching on midday: The middle of the day is the worst time to water, since water can evaporate from the heat and also linger on plants if clouds roll in, creating moist conditions that lead to disease. You’re better off watering early in the morning, and if your system is not set up to do so, it might have been installed incorrectly.
- Watering every day: If your system is calibrated to water the grass every day, it’s time to make a change to the schedule. Watering daily promotes shallow root growth, which is not an ideal outcome and one you want to avoid when it comes to sprinkler system installation in Burlington County, NJ.
- Watering in the rain: Sometimes you might forget to turn off your system before a rainstorm and wind up wasting a lot of water—it’s frustrating to see the sprinklers turn on during a monsoon. Avoid this by installing water sensors on your sprinkler heads that make sure they don’t turn on if it’s raining.
While sprinkler issues can be frustrating, when your sprinkler system is running effectively and efficiently, the results can be beautiful. It’s best to make sure you’re scheduling regular maintenance to ensure everything is running properly, but don’t forget to keep an eye out for signs like these—it will keep you familiar with the system and paying attention to how it works. For more information, or to schedule sprinkler installation or service, reach out to Star Sprinkler Systems Inc. today.