Now that summer is in full swing, it’s the perfect time to get serious about landscaping and lawn maintenance in Burlington County, NJ. Caring for your lawn and landscaping can take some energy, but it’s well worth it for the great results that will come your way. Keep reading for some helpful tips and for some of the biggest summer landscaping dos and don’ts.
Here are some essential tips for lawn maintenance, landscaping and irrigation systems in Burlington County, NJ:
- Conserve water: Water conservation is very important, not only for the health of your plants, but also for your utility expenses and environmental footprint. Maximize efficiency of water use by watering in the morning, when there isn’t as much wind or direct sunlight to dry out your landscaping and lawn. It’s also a good idea to take advantage of precipitation during the summer months and skip watering on rainy days.
- Don’t mow too much: Mowing the lawn can improve the appearance of your landscaping, but it’s important to avoid mowing too much. Cutting grass too short can increase the risk of infestation by pests and prevent your grass from growing healthy and green. Keep warm-season grass between 1 and 3 inches high, and cool-season grasses between 2.5 and 4 inches high. Keeping grass this high protects soil from sun damage, protects grass roots and maximizes energy production during periods of direct sunlight.
- Keep up on weeding: Weeding isn’t a particularly enjoyable chore, but it’s very important for the health of your lawn and landscaping. Make sure to dig up weeds from the root using a hoe or cultivator tool to prevent pesky unwanted plants from growing back after they’ve been removed. Check weekly for new weeds and take some time to remove new growth as it appears in your lawn and garden.
- Plant drought-tolerant plants: Drought-tolerant plants like succulents are beautiful additions to almost any yard. Not only do these plants look great, they also require far less water than other types of plants. By switching out some of the plants in your yard with drought-tolerant varieties, you can save a lot of money on heavy watering during the summer months.
- Consider installing an irrigation system: An irrigation system can make it much easier to care for your lawn and landscaping. Not only do irrigation systems in Burlington County, NJ allow property owners to save time and energy on watering by hand, they also make it easier to conserve water. Because irrigation systems are set to run automatically, property owners can achieve better consistency when watering lawns and landscaping.
Learn more about irrigation systems in Burlington County, NJ
If you’re interested in investing in irrigation systems in Burlington County, NJ to keep your landscaping healthy, reach out to Star Sprinkler Systems Inc. We are a family owned and operated business with decades of experience providing quality irrigation system services, including installation, repairs and maintenance. No matter what you need, we’re here to assist you. Give us a call to get started with a consultation and a quote.