Winter is just about over with, which means it’s time for you to start preparing your property for the warmer weather. If you take your landscaping seriously, that means getting your irrigation system back up and running and preparing your property for proper watering and vegetation growth.
The way you perform your startup tasks in the early spring will set you up for the rest of the summer. If you have a built-in irrigation system in Burlington County, NJ, you likely will have taken some thorough steps to shut it down throughout the winter to make sure it would not sustain any damage. Professional startup services from an irrigation company will reverse the steps you took in the winter, getting it back up and ready for the growing season.
While startup services are relatively simple, you’re best off working with professionals to get the process done so you don’t make any mistakes that will affect you all season long. Here’s a quick overview of what’s included in professional irrigation startup services at the beginning of the season:
- Turning on the water valve: Your service provider will gradually turn on your irrigation water valve to send water flowing through your system. It is important to do this slowly and carefully to prevent any of the sprinkler components from cracking or bursting. If you turn it on too fast, you could very well experience a surge in pressure that can be problematic.
- Testing: Your contractor will test all of the various sections of your irrigation system to make sure every component is working properly and at peak efficiency. If there are any issues with individual components, this is the time at which the contractor will identify and resolve them. For example, you might have sustained damage to sprinkler heads over the winter, or a particular area of your irrigation zone might not be getting proper water delivery.
- Adjustments: Your contractor will make the necessary adjustments to every zone of your system to ensure proper water distribution. You don’t want to have uneven watering on your property, as it could result in some areas failing to get the water they need to encourage proper growth.
- Programming: Your contractor will then check and program all of the automatic watering features associated with your system, and review the other features and overall functionality of your system to ensure it’s completely ready for operation all season long. Discuss your watering needs with your service provider so they know exactly which features are most important for you.
- Final steps: Final cleaning and tweaks will occur before your service provider declares the system ready to go. For example, if there’s a weather sensor or a type of modulator, the component will be cleaned and tested to ensure it’s in good working condition.
There are other steps your service provider may take, depending on the type of system you have and its condition after the winter months. For more information about startup services for your sprinkler system in Burlington County, NJ, contact Star Sprinkler Systems Inc. today.