One of the most important factors when it comes to your sprinkler system is its water pressure. If there’s not enough pressure, your grass won’t get the water it needs. A lack of water often equates to a dying lawn. Sprinkler companies in Burlington County, NJ obviously want your system to perform to the best of its ability. With this in mind, continue reading to learn how to increase your water pressure to get the most out of your sprinkler system:
- Install properly: Ensuring that you have quality water pressure starts on day one with installation. The main water line should be at a higher elevation than the rest of the system, as water loses its pressure as elevation increases. For every one-foot increase in elevation, water pressure decreases by 0.433 psi. Knowledgeable sprinkler companies know this and will factor the physics when installing your system.
- Adjust the heads: Even if your automatic sprinkler installation in Burlington County, NJ goes off without a hitch, you may still run into some issues with water pressure. The good news is that you may be able to fix this problem yourself. Go around to the sprinkler heads that are suffering from poor water pressure and turn the adjustment screws counterclockwise. This will increase the amount of water flowing to that particular sprinkler head. Keep in mind that adjusting the screws will only benefit that specific sprinkler head, not the system as a whole.
- Remove a few heads: To improve the pressure for the whole system, you may need to remove and cap some of the sprinkler heads in your lawn. Taking away a few heads will increase pressure for the heads that remain. Be diligent when choosing which heads to remove, as taking away these heads means that some parts of your yard might not get as much water.
- Install a boost pump: Don’t want to deprive your lawn of water? Then put a boost pump on your main line. A boost pump provides that extra “oomph” that your system needs to deliver the right amount of water throughout your lawn. Though you can install a boost pump by yourself with the right tools, you should consider hiring a professional sprinkler system contractor to do it for you. Hiring a pro guarantees that the boost pump will be installed correctly, and that it will be as energy-efficient as possible.
- Hire a professional: Sometimes, it takes the help of a professional sprinkler system contractor to get your water pressure just right. If you’ve tried all of the steps above and still aren’t seeing results, you should pick up the phone and call a pro. The issue with your water pressure could stem from a leak, which can only be fixed by a professional technician.
From automatic sprinkler installation in Burlington County, NJ to maintenance and repairs, Star Sprinkler Systems Inc. is your go-to team for all of your sprinkler needs. Give our experts a call to learn what we can do for you and your lawn.