Watering your grass is one of the most essential lawn care tasks out there. Without water, your grass is sure to turn an unattractive brown color, and it may eventually die. But believe it or not, one of the biggest mistakes homeowners make isn’t neglecting to water—it’s actually overwatering!
Running your sprinklers or hose too often leads to a variety of problems for your grass and your wallet. Keep reading to learn about a few of those issues, and how you can resolve them by hiring a sprinkler system contractor in Burlington County, NJ:
- Waste of time: Running all through your yard and setting up hoses to water your grass isn’t the most challenging chore, but it can be a big waste of your precious time. Instead of spending hours upon hours watering this summer, water your grass for a few minutes a week, just enough to give it a good soak.
- Waste of money: Water isn’t free, and neither is the cost of running your sprinkler to pump water out onto your lawn. Save yourself hundreds of dollars on your utility bills throughout the year by only watering when your grass and plants actually need it.
- Overwatering drowns roots: Along with water, your grass needs plenty of oxygen to survive and thrive. Too much water in the ground forces out all the oxygen, which effectively drowns the roots and leaves your grass with a shallow root system. Needless to say, a lawn with an insufficient root system will look unhealthy and quite unpleasant.
- Overwatered plants get stressed: Much like humans, our plants can get “stressed” under certain circumstances. Grass that’s under stress looks unhealthy and is more likely to contract a disease or attract insects. Trust us when we say that you don’t want to have a diseased or insect-ridden lawn, as this problem often requires the help of a professional to mitigate.
- Overwatered lawns have more weeds: The only thing worse than a brown lawn is one that’s covered with weeds. Unfortunately, overwatered lawns tend to have more weeds than those that are watered properly. To make matters worse, the weeds that infiltrate overwatered lawns are often varieties that are difficult to control and keep coming back year after year.
What’s the solution?
The good news is that there’s an easy solution to the overwatering problem: just get in touch with a sprinkler system contractor in Burlington County, NJ! A sprinkler system technician can quickly and easily install a system that delivers the perfect amount of water, at the right time of day. A professional will also teach you how to set up and use the system, so all you need to do is sit back and watch your grass grow in thick and beautiful!
If you want a beautiful lawn without breaking the bank, it’s time to get in contact with Star Sprinkler Systems Inc. Our high level of customer service and competitive prices make us the premier sprinkler system company in Burlington County, NJ. Call us today to learn more about what we can do for you and your lawn.