As a homeowner or commercial property owner, you are well aware that there’s always something that needs to be done outside. Maintaining curb appeal is important. The grass needs to be mowed, the bushes need to be trimmed and plants need to be watered. It goes without saying that you should plan on doing at least a little legwork before choosing a company for any kind of home improvement project, and this includes maintenance work on your home’s irrigation system.
Here are seven tips to help you find an exceptional sprinkler system contractor in Burlington County, NJ:
- Ask people for recommendations: Throw a stick in your neighborhood and it will likely land on a yard with a sprinkler system. Because in-ground sprinklers are so popular these days, finding a good service and maintenance company does not have to be difficult. Start your search by asking friends, family, neighbors and coworkers for recommendations. Be sure to ask exactly what they liked about the company, as well as about cost and quality of service.
- Do online research: The internet is full of useful information, especially when it comes to researching home maintenance services. You should seriously consider hiring a local small business or contractor. This gives jobs to the people within your community, which is perfect for fostering long-lasting work relationships. While online, check out business ratings and read through comments left by past clients.
- Check business websites: Once you have narrowed down your search to a handful of possible companies, take the time to check out each business’s website. Make sure their site looks professional, provides relevant and sufficient information, has contact information and has their business license posted.
- Confirm the services they offer: It’s likely that you have a specific type of irrigation-related service in mind, such as installation or repairs. Here’s something else to keep in mind: finding a good residential sprinkler service might not be hard, but what if you’re a commercial property owner? Golf courses, athletic fields, parks and public areas also need their sprinklers cared for, so be sure they can care for such areas, if needed.
- Call around: Another step you can take is calling around to or visiting businesses in person. Talking to a representative and seeing how you are treated as a potential customer can give you a good idea of how the company operates. You should feel valued, not disgusted, after you get off the phone.
- Ask questions: Don’t spend your hard-earned money on bad service or inflated charges. Before hiring a sprinkler company, you should ask a few questions, such as: How long have you been in business? Do you use in-house employees or hire third party? What are your service guarantees?
- Find out if they give quotes: Never hire someone who is not willing to give you a quote. You should also consider asking for bids from several different companies for the exact same service to make helpful comparisons.
Here at Star Sprinkler Systems Inc., our team of trained sprinkler experts offers all the services you need to ensure full functionality and reliability for your irrigation system in Burlington County, NJ. Call us anytime to get a quote or to schedule an appointment!