During the summer months, you probably use your sprinkler system on a regular basis to keep your lawn looking green and lush, despite sweltering heat. While you might not be using your sprinkler system as frequently this fall, that doesn’t mean that you should skip sprinkler system maintenance in Burlington County, NJ this season. Investing some time and energy into preparing your sprinkler system for the fall will save you a lot of work when springtime rolls around again, and can also increase the longevity of your system:
- Inspect your system: To get started with your fall sprinkler system maintenance in Burlington County, NJ, you should conduct a basic visual inspection of your system. Pay attention to signs of leaks or patchy grass that might indicate a problem with some aspect of your system. If you notice anything strange, or if there’s an issue with your system’s operation, make sure to tell a professional sprinkler system contractor. The more information they have about your system, the better equipped they will be to help you.
- Check backflow connection: Automatic sprinkler systems usually have backflow prevention devices that can play an essential role in keeping your system safe. Backflow prevention devices keep the water used for irrigation separate from water that’s used for cleaning, cooking and drinking. This separation prevents cross-contamination and keeps your household safe. You should have your backflow connection checked on an annual basis to ensure it’s still working the way it should.
- Clear away debris: You might not think of your gutters when it comes to fall sprinkler system maintenance, but overflowing gutters can actually do a disservice to your sprinklers. Clogged gutters prevent proper water irrigation, may cause pooling in your yard that floods grass and can cause water damage to your home if your sprinklers start up.
- Consider system upgrades: Adding new features like a rain sensor to your system can significantly curb water usage and optimize efficiency. A rain sensor will shut off your system after a certain amount of rain to prevent overwatering and preserve irrigation water.
- Invest in professional winterization: Before winter, it’s essential that you invest in professional sprinkler system winterization. Sprinkler system winterization includes insulation, electrical calibration, drainage and other services that protect your system in preparation for the winter months. Proper winterization can prevent pipe damage, reduce inefficiencies and ensure that your sprinkler system is ready to be used again when spring rolls around.
If you could use some extra help getting your sprinkler system prepared for the fall, give the team at Star Sprinkler Systems Inc. a call. Since 1980, our team has offered comprehensive sprinkler system services, including scheduled maintenance and sprinkler system repair in Burlington County, NJ. We are proud to be a family owned and operated business with an outstanding reputation within the community. We have experience working with commercial, residential and municipal customers alike. If you’d like to find out more about the services we offer, or you are interested in scheduling an appointment, just give us a call today.