Installing a sprinkler system is the best way to keep your lawn green and your flowers cheerful. At Star Sprinkler Systems Inc., we’re experts at installation of all sorts of sprinkler systems, but we’ve found that a growing number of people choose to install their systems by themselves. Whether you’re trying to save some money on installation or you just want the feeling of accomplishment, here are all of the sprinkler system parts in Burlington County, NJ you’re likely to need:
- PVC pipe: Most systems these days use PVC pipe under the ground to deliver the water. If you’re choosing to install a system that utilizes PVC pipe, it’s a good idea to buy a little more than you think you’ll need, just in case you measured wrong.
- Fittings: Assuming you’re using PVC pipe, you’ll need to buy fittings to attach the pipes. Fittings like elbows and tees allow you to bend the pipe and direct the water flow.
- Controllers and timers: Regardless of the type of sprinkler system you choose, you’ll need a controller to tell your system when to come on and how long to run. After you’ve installed it, you can go back and adjust the settings at any time.
- Heads: Without a sprinkler head, the water will shoot right up from the ground like a geyser! The type of sprinkler head you choose depends on the area you need to water and what you’re willing to spend. Simple pop-up sprinkler heads are perfect for most lawns and won’t break the bank.
- Valves: A valve controls how much water flows through your system. Without the right valve, your system won’t operate properly and water won’t flow where you need it.
- Wiring: The wiring throughout your system is a crucial sprinkler system part in Burlington County, NJ. You may need to consult an electrician to install the wiring.
- Drains: The last thing you want is excess water flowing back into your system. You can prevent that from happening by installing drains at the low spots and ends of your sprinkler lines.
All of the sprinkler system components in Burlington County, NJ listed above are necessary for each system. But, like many other systems, there are add-ons that can make your system more effective or easier to use:
- Backflow devices: One of the dangers of DIY installation is messing up your drinking water situation. Install backflow devices that keep dirty irrigation water from entering your drinking water.
- Remotes: Those who want ultimate control over their sprinkler system may want to consider installing a remote control device. This allows you to switch your system on and off from inside your home.
- Weather sensors: Random pop-up rain showers in the summer are pretty common. If it rains, there’s clearly no reason to turn your sprinklers on. That’s just a waste of money and can cause flooding. A weather sensor will shut your system off for the day if it detects enough precipitation.
Whether you’re installing a basic system or a complex one, buy all of your sprinkler system components in Burlington County, NJ from Star Sprinkler Systems Inc. Our friendly staff members can help pick out the right accessories for your needs and your budget.