Spring may seem far away, given the current winter temperatures. But soon enough, the sun will be shining again and the front and backyard of your home will be ready for green grass, colorful blooms and lush leaves. Yard landscaping can add warmth, texture and color to the exterior of your home. A well-maintained outdoor space can even boost the overall value of your property. There are countless ways to use landscaping to your advantage. Adding low-maintenance plants or using planters to play with height can all work to create a relaxing retreat you’ll be eager to enjoy this spring.
Let these six popular landscape designs from Star Sprinkler Systems Inc. serve as your inspiration for brightening up your home this spring:
- Keep the grass lush and green: Regular watering is key to a great looking yard. Even the most opulent space will be an eyesore if the grass is yellow and dry. Before the start of the season, meet with a sprinkler contractor in Burlington County, NJ to discuss how a sprinkler system can help keep your property hydrated.
- Add minimal maintenance plants: Flowering plants like lilies and crinums are resilient to drought and even the hottest temperatures of summer. The large-bulbed beauties are almost indestructible and produce a fragrant smell throughout the spring and summer seasons. Planting a low-maintenance flower will have a huge impact without all of the work of a less sturdy plant.
- Enjoy flowers year-round: Bright, blooming flowers don’t have to be limited to just a few days a year. Planting vibrant buds suited for each season will bring that same joy every day. Azaleas, hydrangeas and zinnias will be lovely during both the spring and summer seasons, while the enchanting mums and magnolias are well suited for the winter and fall conditions. This way, passersby will always be greeted by a gorgeous yard no matter the month.
- Consider height: Adding height is a simple but impactful way to enhance an outdoor area. Elevated planters and hanging baskets will add more depth and dynamics across the yard. Best of all, raised planters provide good drainage and aeration.
- Liven up the driveway: Carefully selected and placed plants can hide unattractive cracks or marks on or adjacent to a driveway. Start by creating, if possible, a small patch of lawn in the center of the damaged area. Fill in the imperfect space with a variety of vivacious plants and flowers at various heights, textures and colors for a magical look.
- Keep things close: Arranging plants close together will not only create a luxurious garden, but it can actually help prevent them from drying out. The close proximity will allow the soil and root systems to draw as much hydration as needed from a strategically placed water source.
A sprinkler contractor in Burlington County, NJ is a crucial part of creating inspiring landscape designs. Call Star Sprinkler Systems Inc. today to learn more about how we can help your yard look its best this spring!