After the winter season is over and you are ready to begin using your sprinkler system again, there a few items that need to be checked before you resume operation. Your automatic sprinkler system in Burlington County, NJ is a delicate system, and you want to make sure you treat it with care. Examine these items before you turn it back on for the spring:
- Check for leaks: Winter can wreak havoc on an automatic sprinkler system in Burlington County, NJ, as frost can crack pipes and create leaks. Turn your sprinkler system on and check if there are any areas where water is pooling. This can be anything from a broken pipe to a leaky valve or broken sprinkler head. You will also want to inspect the valve box for leaks and make repairs if you see any signs of water coming from areas it is not supposed to be flowing from.
- Adjust the heads: Sprinkler heads can easily get out of alignment, especially if snow has been piled up on them. You will want to adjust the heads of your automatic sprinkler system in Burlington County, NJ to make sure water isn’t going onto sidewalks or driveways. You may need to move the heads up or down for the right alignment.
- Look for cracks and clogs: Also, be sure to look for cracks or clogging when you are examining the sprinkler heads, as these will need to be replaced for proper function. They could have dirt or debris lodged in them and may need to be cleaned. If you notice any cracking, have them repaired before you begin using your sprinkler system.
- Regulate watering times: You will want to make sure your water schedule is in line with what you determine is necessary for the time of year. This may require some adjustments, as you may have had a more aggressive watering schedule programmed the last time you used your automatic sprinkler system in Burlington County, NJ. Reprogram the frequency and duration of your sprinkler system to ensure your yard has proper coverage for the spring.
- Move drip lines: You will also need to move the drip lines back into place to ensure they are watering the roots of trees and shrubs as necessary. These may have shifted over the winter and will need to be realigned to provide good coverage. You want to make sure water from your automatic sprinkler system in Burlington County, NJ reaches the roots of the trees so they remain strong and can support the trees during their growth.
Providing some care to your automatic sprinkler system in Burlington County, NJ will ensure it works properly throughout the watering season. You can eliminate potential problems that may occur and avoid any repairs as a result. To have maintenance on your sprinkler system for the spring, contact Star Sprinkler Systems Inc. We can provide repairs to anything you find that isn’t working in your sprinkler system upon inspection, and can also install new sprinkler systems for homes or businesses looking to enhance their property. Get in touch today to schedule a consultation!