Did you know that sprinkler systems in Burlington County, NJ can actually help you use less water? As a matter of fact, they do—and even more so than if you watered by hand. Sprinkler systems are uniquely designed to make sure you only use the water that is needed for your lawn or plants, and installing them can be a great effort toward water conservation. Consider these ways that a sprinkler system can save water when they are built into your home or business:
- Weather sensors: Because sprinkler systems in Burlington County, NJ use weather sensors, they are designed to only water when you need it. They detect rain and don’t water if rain is already present. This helps you avoid watering during times when a good rain will do the same thing, and saves on your water use in the process.
- Timed watering: Through programmed settings, your sprinkler systems in Burlington County, NJ will only water for the period of time that is needed. They will automatically shut off when your lawn and plants have gotten the water they need, using only the necessary amount of water required. If you were to water your lawn yourself, you would have to guess how much water you need, and in most instances, people use more than they need to, thus increasing the cost of water use.
- Good coverage: A sprinkler system’s reach is far greater than that of a hose, allowing you to cover a larger amount of area with less water. Because your sprinkler system can spread farther, it is able to move the water to a larger area. This will help you cover your entire lawn with less water.
- Morning watering: You may not have the time or the patience to water at the best time of the day, which is in the morning. By setting sprinkler systems in Burlington County, NJ to water in the morning, you are taking advantage of when their effects will work best. Watering in the middle of the day causes water to evaporate very quickly and requires more water to ensure your lawn and plants are getting what they need. By setting your sprinkler system to water in the morning when it is cooler, you will use the least amount of water possible.
- Drip watering systems: By installing drip sprinkler systems in Burlington County, NJ, you will really be able to control the amount of water that is delivered to your plants. This sends water right to the root of the plants, where they need it the most. This is a very effective way of watering that can really work to save you water. It only delivers a small amount of water per hour and is just what your plants need to thrive, all the while saving you on your water usage.
By having sprinkler systems in Burlington County, NJ installed in your yard, you can reduce your water consumption while still having a yard that looks beautiful. For installation of a sprinkler system at your home or business, contact Star Sprinkler Systems Inc. We have been in business for over 35 years and offer a wide range of sprinkler system services, including installation, repairs and maintenance, to keep your system running properly at all times.