Whether you own a residential or commercial property, hiring contractors to handle essential services and perform repairs is rarely a simple process. Most people hope to avoid having to make a decision every time they need a contractor, and prefer to find a service with which they can develop a long-term relationship.
This is certainly true in the case of sprinkler contractors. When you’re looking for a sprinkler system service in Burlington County, NJ, here are six qualities any strong candidate should possess:
- Experience: In this industry, the best experience comes from hands-on work with sprinkler systems of all types, from simple residential systems to larger systems serving commercial spaces and public parks. There’s truly no substitute for years of experience; make sure your contractor is no novice.
- Specialization: Sprinkler and irrigation services are sometimes “additional services” provided by contractors whose primary area of specialty is something entirely different. Wouldn’t you rather trust your system to a team that’s dedicated to working exclusively with sprinklers and irrigation systems?
- Proper licensing and certification: When it comes to your personal or business property, you don’t want just anyone messing around with it. Installation, repairs and maintenance of structures like sprinkler systems should only be performed by licensed and certified professionals. Verify these qualifications with your state or municipality before hiring anyone.
- Good reviews: Online reviews are notoriously hit-or-miss. It’s very easy for anyone to leave an angry (and perhaps misguided) review, and any overly negative or effusively positive reviews should be taken with a grain of salt. But if you can find detailed reviews that highlight the good and not-so-good aspects of a service, those might be worth trusting. Better yet, nothing beats a word-of-mouth endorsement from someone you know.
- Compatibility with your budget: When it comes to sprinkler system service in Burlington County, NJ, there are likely options for budgets both large and small. Know how much you can afford for sprinkler service, and see what a contractor can offer. Remember that rates that seem too good to be true probably are.
- Local connections: Local companies have an added incentive to do good work. After all, their customers are their friends, neighbors, fellow business owners and other members of the local community, and a good reputation is everything when it comes to attracting and retaining customers. Search out a local company for friendly, reliable and knowledgeable sprinkler service, and enjoy a relationship that may last for years to come.
Choosing a sprinkler system service in Burlington County, NJ requires some research and an investment of time, but it’s an investment that will pay off when you have the opportunity to work with a contractor who knows and understands your needs, and who can provide the high quality service you deserve. When it’s time to pick a sprinkler system contractor, we hope you’ll get in touch with Star Sprinkler Systems Inc. We’ve been serving the Medford area since 1980. Give us a call today to learn more about what we can do for you!