When you think about making your commercial property as attractive as possible, maintaining the property’s exterior is just as important as maintaining its interior. One solution to help keep the exterior of your commercial property in good condition is to make sure that your sprinkler system in Burlington County, NJ is performing properly.
Ask yourself the following questions to determine if it makes sense to invest in a new sprinkler system, and then read on to learn what to know when designing, installing, using and maintaining your new system:
- Is your sprinkler system old? An older sprinkler system has a higher likelihood of malfunctioning. If you know that your system is 25 years old or more, it’s beneficial to take the preventative step of replacing it. That way, you won’t face an emergency when the old system finally stops functioning for good, and you can begin using a setup that is likely to be more cost-effective and energy-saving than your older equipment.
- Have your water bills been getting higher? Are your water bills for your business higher than they have been in the past? As sprinkler systems age, they become less effective and efficient, meaning that more water is needed to properly water the grass. If you’ve observed increased water bills, this may be a sign that your sprinkler system is in need of replacement.
- Do you have an existing sprinkler system that isn’t the right fit for your needs? Perhaps the sprinkler heads arc higher than the grass they are supposed to water, or water isn’t reaching all the areas it’s supposed to. This may mean that you need a sprinkler system better suited to the needs of your space.
- Does your sprinkler system seem to leak excessively? If your current system requires multiple repairs or has a growing number of leaks, it makes sense to upgrade to a new sprinkler system instead of continuing to arrange for multiple, frequent repairs.
As you prepare to have a new or replacement sprinkler system installed, here are some maintenance-related tips to know:
- Invest in mulch: Did you know that you’ll need to use less water if the landscaped beds on your property are treated with mulch? Mulch helps provide extra moisture.
- Consider watering in the early hours: You can set your sprinkler system’s timers to start watering your property between 4am and 10am. At this time of day, before your business opens to customers, water will reach your plants down to the root level before the sun reaches its highest point.
- Perform monthly maintenance: Your property’s landscaper can check to be sure that your sprinkler system is watering all of the areas that need it and that the system remains in optimal condition.
Now that you’re familiar with the benefits of installing a sprinkler system in Burlington County, NJ, along with some of the related maintenance, are you ready to ask specific questions of a professional or set up an appointment to have the installation performed? With more than 35 years in business, Star Sprinkler Systems Inc. understands what makes a quality sprinkler system and is ready to provide you with high-quality customer service. Contact us today to learn more!